Sunday 6 March 2016

No Opting Out

In reply to Washingtongrizzly:
...I most likely won’t be voting in the election, because I don’t want to be part of what’s going on. I don’t even want my name associated with it. But that doesn’t mean I won’t be watching with great interest and amusement. ...

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/trump-why-the-elite-media-were-completely-wrong-about-his-chances/#comment-151467


I appreciate your comment. One thing prompts me from it and that is that whatever we think or do we are part of what's going on - and voting whether we know it or not. So my sense is that you are consciously investing in and extending witness for what you are part of - and that may not have apparent representation in the reflection of society as it presents itself.

Being or living out from presence is not engaged in struggle to become something else so much as extending a sense of worth that already is. This does appreciate by appreciating - but that is different from investing emotional energy in manipulating or fixing outcomes.

I'm not writing this to interpret you - but to possibly join with what I feel I heard you say.
Disappointment reveals the expectations one may not otherwise have awareness of holding. So I wouldn't over-protect against finding out more of what runs my show just because it is humiliating.
To have loved and lost is to have found the jamming signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. If your comment does not show - it is probably waiting moderation - which is when I notice the email notification!